- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape school board to meet Monday
The Cape Girardeau school board will meet Monday at the administrative office at 301 N. Clark Ave.
At 4 p.m., there will be a special session for a board focus group for MSBA, the Missouri School Board Association.
At 5 p.m., there will be a special session to discuss Alternative Education Center construction plans.
At 6 p.m., the board will hold its regularly scheduled meeting.
Business items are:
* a discussion about professional learning communities.
* the first reading of board policy revisions.
* the reappointment of a district treasurer.
* a motion to make audio recordings of board meetings.
* a motion to approve employee benefits.
* a motion for the approval of the 2007-2008 budget.
* a discussion of alternative education center construction.
* an CSIP (school improvement plan) update.