- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Cape school board to meet Monday
The Cape Girardeau school board will meet Monday at the administrative office at 301 N. Clark Ave.
At 4 p.m., there will be a special session for a board focus group for MSBA, the Missouri School Board Association.
At 5 p.m., there will be a special session to discuss Alternative Education Center construction plans.
At 6 p.m., the board will hold its regularly scheduled meeting.
Business items are:
* a discussion about professional learning communities.
* the first reading of board policy revisions.
* the reappointment of a district treasurer.
* a motion to make audio recordings of board meetings.
* a motion to approve employee benefits.
* a motion for the approval of the 2007-2008 budget.
* a discussion of alternative education center construction.
* an CSIP (school improvement plan) update.