- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- John L. Houchins, 85, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 16, 2007, at Advance Nursing Center.
He was born Feb. 25, 1922, at Peach Orchard, Mo., son of William and Gracie Houchins. He and Iva Stroder were married March 3, 1984, at Whitewater.
Houchins was a maintenance supervisor at Franklin Box Co. of St. Louis. He was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; a stepson, Merl Allen Stroder of Woodlawn Park, Colo.; a stepdaughter, Sherrie Laverne Cox of Cornville, Ariz.; eight stepgrandchildren; and several great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother, seven sisters and a stepson.
Friends may call from noon until time of service Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ken McAnulty officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.