- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Deborah Jean Gaylord, 52, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 16, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Debbie was born June 4, 1955, at Missouri Delta Community Hospital in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Gene and Lena Greenlee Warren. She was raised in Matthews, Mo., until her marriage to Stanley R. Gaylord on April 26, 1974, in Essex, Mo. She was a resident of Cape Girardeau for three years, moving from Dexter, Mo.
She was a member of Fruitland Community Church in Fruitland.
She is survived by her husband, Stanley Ray Gaylord of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Monica Anne Gaylord of Cape Girardeau; a son, Chadwick Michael Gaylord of Jefferson City, Mo.; a sister, Sondra Anne Buchanan of Benton, Mo.; two nieces, Dawn Mechelle Collier of Charleston, Mo., and Stacy Nicole Carlyle of Benton; a nephew, Jonathan Grant Buchanan of Benton; three great nieces; and two great nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her nephew, David Shawn Buchanan.
Debbie was an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt and friend to all who met her.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007, at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
There will be a celebration service at Fruitland Community Church in Fruitland at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2007, with the Rev. Mike Parry officiating.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or Fruitland Community Church in Fruitland.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.