- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Johnny Edison Richards, 87, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 16, 2007, at John J. Pershing VA Hospital in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Nov. 17, 1919, in Bollinger County, son of John E. and Emma M. Borders Richards. He and Rose Null were married Feb. 18, 1949, at Piggott, Ark. She survives.
Richards was a teacher for 33 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in World War II. Richards was a lifetime member of Disabled American Veterans and also a former member of the Advance VFW. He was also a Master Mason at the Zalma Masonic Lodge.
Survivors include two sons, Lynn Richards, Derek Richards, both of Advance; three daughters, Marilyn Kinworthy of Marion, Ill., Melody Loffland of Fort Worth, Texas, Dana Sullinger of Advance; two brothers, Clarence Richards of Olney, Ill., Leemon Richards of St. Louis; three sisters, Effie Grisham and Bernice Wilson, both of St. Louis, Melva Phillips of Indianapolis; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating.
Interment will be in Balch Cemetery near Zalma, Mo., with full military rites.