- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Johnny Edison Richards, 87, of Advance died Friday, Nov. 16, 2007, at John J. Pershing VA Hospital in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born Nov. 17, 1919, in Bollinger County, son of John E. and Emma M. Borders Richards. He and Rose Null were married Feb. 18, 1949, at Piggott, Ark. She survives.
Richards was a teacher for 33 years. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in World War II. Richards was a lifetime member of Disabled American Veterans and also a former member of the Advance VFW. He was also a Master Mason at the Zalma Masonic Lodge.
Survivors include two sons, Lynn Richards, Derek Richards, both of Advance; three daughters, Marilyn Kinworthy of Marion, Ill., Melody Loffland of Fort Worth, Texas, Dana Sullinger of Advance; two brothers, Clarence Richards of Olney, Ill., Leemon Richards of St. Louis; three sisters, Effie Grisham and Bernice Wilson, both of St. Louis, Melva Phillips of Indianapolis; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Eskew officiating.
Interment will be in Balch Cemetery near Zalma, Mo., with full military rites.