- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Gretchen Anne Weber and Robert Joseph Grojean II exchanged wedding vows Sept. 1, 2007, at Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, Mo. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the ceremony. Reader was Marla Eftink of Leopold, Mo., cousin of the groom. Organist was Betty Vandeven and vocalist was Autumn Vandeven, both of Chaffee.
Mass servers were Ashley and Megan Schmittzehe of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the groom. Giftbearers were Glen and Bessie Grojean of Cape Girardeau, uncle and aunt of the groom. Sister Mary Jansen of Oran, Mo., assisted with the eucharist.
The bride is the daughter of James and Elizabeth Weber of Biggsville, Ill. The groom is the son of Roberta Grojean of Chaffee and the late Robert Grojean.
Maid of honor was Molly Weber of Arlington, Va., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jenna Link of Gladstone, Ill., and Patricia Thompson of Monmouth, Ill., sisters of the bride.
Travis Spane of Oran was best man. Groomsmen were Dennis Graser and Daniel Carroll of Chaffee. Ushers were Matthew and John Weber of Biggsville, brothers of the bride.
Flower girl was Alyssa Spane, daughter of Travis and Robin Spane. Ringbearer was Luke Eftink, son of Damien and Marla Eftink, cousin and godson of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Kristina Baldwin, sister of the bride; Taylor and Alison Link, nieces of the bride.
The reception was held at the Elks Lodge in Chaffee.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at Ray's Restaurant in Kelso, Mo.
Mrs. Grojean is a graduate of Eureka College in Eureka, Ill., and Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. She is employed at Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom attended Southeast. He is store manager at Chaffee Food Giant.
After a wedding trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, the couple resides in Chaffee.