- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Kitties express their gratitude
To the editor:We were overwhelmed by your kind and gracious editorial comments concerning our fair Kitty City. Never in our lifetime did we expect to be the subject of such concern. Life is so good when someone cares.
Thank you for telling the world about our kind guardians and our good fortune. We are grateful, and we hope the kitties in every community will find favor such as we have.
GOLDEN BOY, BOOTS, BUD, KOALA, PRINCESS TAN TAIL, TIGER, OLD GOLD TOM, BLACK TAIL, LITTLE BLACK MAMA, MOUSETRAP, SPOTTED MAMA, ROMEO, JULIET, STRIPE, WHITE-FACE CALLIE, TWO-TONE, SUGAR, GENERAL LEE, PRETTY BOY, STAR, FOXY, EBONY, LITTLE MOMMA, GRIZABELLA, SHADOW, JUNE, MUFFIN, TINY, TIP, TIPPY TOES, VELVET, INDIA, SAD EYES, CLEOPATRA, SCAREDY-CAT, MIDNIGHT, Cairo, Ill., and the 87 other cats that are living in nice homes around the region.