- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marjorie Groves Mills, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 17, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 4, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Frederic and Allene Wilson Groves. She and George Osbourn Phillips were married in April 1947, and he preceded her in death in November 1990. She and Judson R. Mills were married in Cape Girardeau in 1978, and he preceded her in death in 1985.
Mills was a member of the Nancy Hunter Chapter of the DAR, the Thomas Sanford Chapter DAC, the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Missouri, the Huguenot Society of America, the National Society Daughters of the Barons of Runnemede, the Order of the Crown in America and the Kappa Kappa Gamma Social Sorority at the University of Maryland.
She was a graduate of Cape Central High School and Christian College in Columbia, Mo. She also attended the University of Maryland.
Survivors include two daughters, Allene Phillips Wright and her husband Mike of St. Joseph, Mo., and Eloise Phillips Franzyshen and her husband Ronald of Sutherland, Va.; three grandsons, Michael Groves Wright and his wife Jan of Palatine, Ill., Ted Wallace Wright of St. Joseph and Andrew Michael Franzyshen and his wife Beth of Petersburg, Va.; and one granddaughter, Terzah Allene Wright of St. Joseph, Mo.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call today from 5 to 7 p.m. at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Lorimier Cemetery. The Rev. Robert Towner will officiate.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Lutheran Home Residential Care East, 2825 Bloomfield Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703, or Dr. James A. Kinder Jr. Medical Lodge Fund at Camp Lewallen Boy Scout Camp, 3000 Gordonville Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.