- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Frances H. "Fran" Short, 80, of Sebring, Fla., died Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2007, at her home.
She was born in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Ed and Carrie Hartle Blechle. She married John S. "Jack" Short.
Short moved to the Sebring area in 1949 from Cape Girardeau. She was an interior designer and decorator and owned Kay Fran Shop in Sebring. She was a member of St. Catherine Catholic Church in Sebring.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Annette Redwine of Gainesville, Fla.; three sons, John Short III of Gainesville, Terry "Skip" Redwine of Ponchatoula, La., Brian Short of Atlanta, Ga.; three sisters, Catherine Propst of Sebring, Louise Schroeder of Aurora, Ill., Shirley Bisher of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Funeral Mass will be at 2 p.m. today at St. Catherine Catholic Church, with the Rev. J. Peter Sheehan as celebrant.
Dowden Funeral Home in Sebring is in charge of arrangements.