- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Community briefs 01/19/04
Scott County historical society meets Tuesday
The regular monthly meeting of the Scott County Historical and Genealogy Society will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Riverside Regional Library in Benton, Mo. The annual election of officers will be held.
Crop management meeting scheduled
A crop management conference will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Clinton Building in Sikeston, Mo. For more information, call David Reinbott at (573) 545-3516.
Illinois Conservation Foundation offers grants
Grants are available through the Illinois Conservation Foundation for nonprofit groups, schools and local governments to help with habitat, environmental education or recreation projects. Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded; projects are required to provide matching funds. Up to $75,000 is available for projects this year. An application form is available at www.ilcf.org. Applications are due by Feb. 27.
State soybean group sponsoring meeting
A soybean meeting will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Cape Girardeau County Extension Center, 684 West Jackson Trail, Jackson. Dinner will be provided by the Missouri Soybean Association. To register, call 243-3581 by Tuesday.
-- From staff reports