- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community Q&A 01/19/04
Lives in: Jackson
Family: My family consists of my husband, Dean; a son and daughter-in-law, Alan and Kathy Jones; two grandchildren, Ryan and Danielle Jones of Green Bay, Wis.
Job: Office manager at New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
What do you like most about the area? The beautiful parks and the small-town atmosphere.
Favorite food: Anything made with chocolate.
Best advice: Always be true to yourself.
Person you most admire: My parents, both deceased, who raised me with a good set of morals and values.
What would you do if you won the lottery? I would take my family and close friends on a fantastic vacation.
Pet peeve: People who are rude and obnoxious.