- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hugo C. Haertling, 98, of Millstadt, Ill., died Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2007, at Memorial Hospital in Belleville, Ill.
He was born Nov. 10, 1909, at New Wells, son of Arno and Ida Gerharter Haertling. He and Elsie Fiedler were married July 31, 1932, in Columbia, Ill. She died in 1973.
Haertling attended parochial school in New Wells. He purchased a farm in Millstadt in 1938. He served eight years as soil conservation director for St. Clair County, and 18 years as Millstadt Township highway commissioner, retiring in 1979. He was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Millstadt.
Survivors include a daughter, Arleen Nolte; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Strauss Funeral Home in Millstadt, and from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Millstadt.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Mike Kumm officiating. Burial will be in Mount Evergreen Cemetery at Millstadt.