- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NEWBERN, Tenn. -- Annie Laurie Newsome, 86, of Newbern died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2007, at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital.
She was born Jan. 19, 1921, in Senatobia, Miss., daughter of James H. and Zula (Grizzell) Shipman. She married James B. Newsome, who preceded her in death.
Newsome was a member of Newbern Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the Cumberland Presbyterian Women, a lifetime member of the PTO, member of Newbern Women's Club and member of the Thursday Night Bridge Club.
She is survived by two daughters, Margaret N. Lents of Cape Girardeau and Laura Wyatt Weaver of Trenton, Tenn.; a son, Will Newsome of Newbern; a sister, Emma Williams of Columbus, Miss.; a brother, James A. Shipman II of Meridian, Miss.; and six grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. today at the Newbern Cumberland Church.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Newbern Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery in Newbern.
Johnson-Williams Funeral Home in Newbern is in charge of arrangements.