- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)12
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Janet Ann (Winchester) Lowes, 59, of McClure, Ill., died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girar-deau.
She was born June 21, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of Curtis and Ethel (Wright) Winchester. She and Gary E. Lowes were married on Dec. 4, 1992, in Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 3, 1995.
Lowes was of the Baptist faith. She worked as a bartender in Cape Girardeau.
She is survived by two daughters, Melissa "Lisa" Farrar of Gordonville, Rebecca "Becky" Hicks of Marble Hill, Mo.; three sisters, Eva Thiele and Peggy Moore of Cape Girardeau, LaVerne Aufdenberg of Jackson; two brothers, Bill Dewrock of Flint, Mich., Cletus Winchester of Cape Girardeau; and seven grandchildren, Jacob Hoover, Brandon Rice, Donny Rice, Gary "Pooter" Hicks, Dillon Farrar, Blake "Buddy" Hicks and Jenella Farrar.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three sisters, Bethel Winchester, Lena Sparks, Francis Burton; and two brothers, Carl Dewrock and Alfred "Fuzzy" Dewrock.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Service will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating.
Pallbearers will be grandsons. Burial will be at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701 or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.