- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)12
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Everything about it was great
To the editor:I had the pleasure of seeing "Big River" twice. What fun. It was a really good show. All the elements that make a good musical production were there and done well. It was a perfect choice for the premiere show.
The singing was great. I love that in musical theater unique and different voices are welcome. The singers were all strong, especially Huck. He was so good. Joe, Tom and the two con men were perfect for their parts. I'm a nut for good diction, and I could easily understand all the dialogue and singing.
The staging was great. All the areas of the stage were used, and it worked. Having our townspeople play your townspeople was perfect. I'm so glad Mark Twain could make it. Having his eyes watching over everything was great. Have I said enough?
I'm going to call the Bedell Performance Hall our "Little Fox." It's so intimate, so classy and such a great place to watch magic happen. I sat in the upper balcony on Thursday and down in the orchestra on Sunday. Both were great seats. I could see and hear everything.
These directors all bring a big touch of class to our university's theater department. Congratulations. I've said "great" about 100 times, but it was so impressive.
VICKI BOREN, Cape Girardeau