- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ST. MARY, Mo. -- Elvin Mattingly, 84, of St. Mary died Friday, Nov. 9, 2007, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 28, 1922, at Perryville, Mo., son of Vincent and Rose Gibbar Mattingly. He and Aurelia Brown were married Nov. 8, 1947, at Perryville.
Mattingly was a farmer. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, American Legion Post 133, VFW Post 4282, Amvets and Knights of Columbus.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Mike and Tom Mattingly of Perryville; two daughters, Sharon Buerck of Perryville, Faye Hogan of Warwick, R.I.; two brothers, Cullen Mattingly of St. Mary, Burt Mattingly of Brewer, Mo.; 16 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayers will be at 6 p.m. Monday, with Knights of Columbus and VFW service at 6:30. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Christ the Savior Church, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military honors courtesy of American Legion Post 133.