- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Opal Lee Lanpher, 93, of Delta died Thursday, Nov. 8, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 25, 1913, at Delta, daughter of Price and Minnie Hampton Montgomery. She and Lanson Lanpher were married Oct. 25, 1932. He died Feb. 5, 1991.
Lanpher was a member of First Baptist Church in Delta. She was a member of Whitewater Order of Eastern Star 174 and Delta Home Extension Club more than 50 years.
Survivors include three daughters, Betty Miller of Delta, Bonnie (Howard) Kinder of Jackson, Inah (Jimmy) Parks of Delta; five grandchildren, Steve Ikerman of Imperial, Mo., Jeff (Marti) Kinder of Oxford, Miss., Troy (Robin K.) Parks of Delta, Robin (Don) Cato of Advance, Mo., Jay (Missi) Parks of Delta; and nine great-grandchildren, Tyler Kinder, Alex Parks, Jacob Parks, Macey Parks, Dylan Cato, DaKota Parks, Denae Cato, Diesel Cato and Ashli Ikerman.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at the chapel at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, with the Rev. Eric Hodge officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Arbor, Mo.
Donations may be made to First Baptist Church in Delta.