- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Edvera Welter, 83, of Oran died Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007, at Mount Carmel Senior Living in St. Charles, Mo.
She was born May 21, 1924, at Benton, Mo., daughter of William John and Amelia Alvina Scherer Urhahn. She and Cletus Welter were married Nov. 28, 1946. He died Sept. 28, 1990.
Welter was retired from Ken's Cape Cleaners in Cape Girar-deau. She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran, St. Ann Sodality and KC Ettes Council 4311.
Survivors include two sons, Richard Welter of Jackson, David Welter of Melbourne, Fla.; two daughters, Diane Welter of Hazelwood, Mo., Darlene Reed of Farmington, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Guardian Angel Church. Parish prayers will be at 7, followed at 7:15 by Knights of Columbus prayer service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Oran is in charge of arrangements.
cq Amick-Burnett F.C.