- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFEE, Mo. -- Weymon Reba Nix, 77, of Chaffee, died Thursday, Nov. 8 at the Chaffee Nursing Center.
Nix was born March 4, 1930 in Lawrenceburg, Tenn., daughter of David and Armentia Cantrell Collier.
She and Winford Jay Nix were married in January 1948.
Nix was a member of Spoonerville Baptist Church in Malden, Mo.
Survivors include four sons, Joel Nix of Adrian, Mich., Jerry Nix of Delta, Danny Nix of Lake Wells, Fla., Bobby Nix of Clarkton, Mo., one brother, Morris Collier of Paragould, Ark.; a sister, Lela Riggens of Frost Proof, Fla.; 16 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three sisters, two brothers and a grandson.
Visitation will begin at 6 p.m. Saturday at Bradshaw Funeral Home in Malden.
Service will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Bradshaw Chapel, with the Rev. Richard Blagg officiating.