- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Audrey Jane Tracy, 78, of Friedheim died Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007, at her home.
She was born May 1, 1929, in East Prairie, Mo., daughter of Gilbert Sherman and Bessie M. Laxton Smith. She and John Wilson Tracy Jr. were married July 17, 1949. He died Oct. 5, 2004.
Tracy worked with her husband on the family farm.
Survivors include a son, John W. Tracy III of Friedheim; two brothers, Arthur "Benny" Smith of Friedheim, Hughie Smith of Orangeville, Calif.; four sisters, Loretta Grove of Watonga, Okla., Lillian Gluba of Davenport, Iowa, Roxanne Rees of Cedarburg, Wis., Betty Ghaer of Carmi, Ill.; four grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Robert Eberhardt, Warren Taylor and Esther Schraw officiating. Burial will be in Roberts Cemetery at Neelyville, Mo.
cq Cracraft-Miller F.H.