- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Glenda Faye Bass, 66, of Chaffee died at 2:44 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born in Cape Girardeau to William Oscar "Bud" & Faye Irene Martin Eaker.
Glenda was a member of First Assembly of God Church in Chaffee. She was a very good supporter of Trinity Broadcast Network.
Glenda graduated from Missouri State Board of Cosmetology in Arnold, Mo., in 1971. She owned and operated Glenda's Beauty shop in Chaffee. She retired as a sewing machine operator at Columbia Sportswear Co. in Chaffee.
She married Larry E. Bass Nov. 19, 1983. He preceded her in death March 24, 1996.
She is survived by a son, Shawn C. (Natalie) Kinder of Chaffee; two daughters, Joan (David) Hooker of Chaffee and Tina (Tim) Schaut of South Bend, Ind.; a brother, Dennis "Butch" Sexton of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren, Amy Dumey, Angela Russell, Ashley Hooker, Jordan Kinder and Jayson Kinder, all of Chaffee, Amanda Hooker of Marion, Ill., Derek Mangrum of South Bend, Shelly Mangrum of Advance, Mo.; eight great-grandchildren, Sidney Manier of Morehead, Ky., Cassidy Manier of Advance, Austin Mangrum of Mishawaka, Ind., Matthew Russell, Shane Russell, Rachael Russell, Alyssa Dumey and Aiden Dumey, all of Chaffee.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be Friday at 2 p.m. at the chapel, with the Rev. William Marshall and the Rev. Darren Larkin officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.