- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Harlie "Frank" Jones, 74, of Bell City died Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2007, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born Dec. 28, 1932, in Scottsville, Ark., son of Charles Franklin and Clemmie Agnes Boze Jones. He and Evelyn Miller were married Dec. 28, 1953.
Jones was a retired elevator manager with Bunge Corp. at Avert, Mo., and a self-employed farmer. He was a member of Hooe Baptist Church near Oran, Mo., and a charter member of Amvets at Bloomfield, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Donna Mansell of Morley, Mo., Pam Simmers of Benton, Mo.; three sisters, Ollie Sindle of Dexter, Mo., Neva Harris of Roanoke, Ill., Imogene Harris of Gilbertsville, Ky.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley with full military rites.