- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Maleeah Antoinette Elery, daughter of Lee and Mona Elery Jr. of Cairo, died at birth Saturday, Nov. 3, 2007, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale.
Survivors include her parents; two sisters, Ashlee and Delilah Elery; a brother, Jeremiah Elery; maternal grandparents, Ida and Roosevelt Clayton of Cairo; paternal grandparents, Nancy and Lee Elery of Bellwood, Ill.; paternal great-grandmothers, Willie Elery of Natchez, Miss., and Elsie Owens of Chicago.
She was preceded in death by maternal great-grandparents and paternal great-grandfathers.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Spencer Heights Memorial Park in Mounds, Ill., with the Rev. Lorenzo Nelson officiating.
Crain Funeral Home in Tamms is in charge of arrangements.