- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Judy Gant Davisson, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2007, at her home, surrounded by her loving family.
She was born Jan. 6, 1947, in St. Louis, daughter of Sterling and Vera Mae Savana Gant. She spent her young life with family in Webb City, Mo., where she attended Webb City High School. She married her high school sweetheart, Thomas Davisson, June 22, 1968, in Webb City.
After moving to Cape Girardeau, Judy was employed by Missouri Division of Family Services, retiring July 1, 2002. She continued her service to the state until shortly before her death, working in other assistance programs.
She was of the Catholic belief.
Survivors include her husband of 39 years, Thomas Davisson of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Neal Davisson of Cape Girardeau, Chris Davisson of St. Louis; her parents of Montgomery, Ala.; a sister, Sydney Gant DeBray of Montgomery; four grandchildren, Alyssa Davisson of Cape Girardeau, Savannah Davisson, Noah Davisson and Nicholas Davisson, all of St. Louis.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Cape County Memorial Park, with Monsignor Ed Eftink officiating.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.