- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Frank Louis Barker, 82, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Nov. 4, 2007, at Elder Care of Marble Hill.
He was born Oct. 16, 1925, in Bristle, Va., son of Edward Arthur and Susie Ball Barker. He and Elaine Myers were married Aug. 3, 1982, in Glen Carbon, Ill.
Barker had been a truck driver and equipment operator with Wagner Hauling and Excavating in Madison, Ill. He was a member of First Assembly of God Church in Marble Hill and Teamsters Local 525.
He served in the U.S. Navy from Jan. 4, 1944, to May 3, 1946.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Curtis Barker; a sister, Gaynor Harris of Pontoon Beach, Ill.; a brother, Ralph Barker of Glen Carbon; and numerous grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ellston Chapman officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery with military rites by Military Honors Team.