- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Elizabeth Ann "Liz" Richards, 71, of Benton died Thursday, Nov. 1, 2007, at her home, surrounded by her loving family.
She was born May 27, 1936, in DeValls Bluff, Ark., daughter of Harold and Vina Lomax Haynes. She and Larry L. Richards were married Sept. 26, 1958.
Liz was an administrative assistant for 25 years at Sells Rest Home in Matthews, Mo.
Survivors include her husband of 49 years; a son, Larry Bryan Richards of Tamarac, Fla.; a daughter, Cindy Richards of Benton; Paul Massa of Tamarac, Donna Cole of Benton; two sisters, Margaret (Bud) Dock of Sikeston, Mo., Dorothy Shell of Benton; brothers and sisters-in-law, R.L. and Jeno Richards and Barbara and Jay Box, all of Sikeston; as well as many other close relatives and Bingo friends.
She was a memer of Sikeston Chapter 137 Order of Eastern Star.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Blanchard Funeral Chapel in Sikeston. Eastern Star rites will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with Kathy Hobbs of Scott City officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Southeast Hospice or American Cancer Society.