- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Margie D. Henson, 83, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Grand Tower, Ill., died Saturday, Nov. 3, 2007, in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 31, 1924, at Oraville, Ill., daughter of Cullen and Margaret Blacklock Ellet. She and Howard R. Henson were married Feb. 21, 1942, in Jackson.
Henson was a member of the Methodist Church in Grand Tower.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Joan (Lester) Clover of Scott City, Kay (John) Ellet of Bluffs, Ill.; two sons, Jim (Esther) Henson of Scott City, Bob (Joy) Henson of Grand Tower; a daughter-in-law, Judy Henson of Scott City; a brother, Donald Ellet; 16 grandchildren; and 27 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Carole Henson, a son, Jerry Henson; four brothers; and four stepsisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crawshaw Funeral Home in Grand Tower.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Peggy Camp will officiate, with burial at Walker Hill Cemetery in Grand Tower.
Memorials are encouraged and may be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or to the American Cancer Society and will be accepted at the funeral home. To send a condolence or for more information, visit www.crawshawfuneralhome.com.