- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Evelyn A. Wolfe, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 2, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 5, 1912, at Dutchtown, daughter of Benjamin G. and Caroline LaCroix Rudert. She and Fred Wolfe were married Dec. 24, 1936, at Benton, Mo. He died March 7, 1975.
Wolfe was a graduate of Central High School. She received her nursing diploma from St. Joseph Hospital School of Nursing (now St. Jude Children's Research Hospital). A registered nurse for more than 40 years, she spent much of her career at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and its Council of Catholic Women, and Saint Francis Medical Center Auxiliary.
Survivors include a niece, Mary Giles of Cape Girardeau; two nephews, Ben Rudert of LaCrescent, Minn., and Benjamin John of Louisville, Ky.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Thomas Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.