- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FROHNA, Mo. -- Norman G. Roth, 76, of Frohna died Thursday, Nov. 1, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 17, 1931, in Old Appleton, Mo., son of Gottfried C. and Bertha F. Mueller Roth. He and Jeanette Kimbel were married July 24, 1954.
Roth was a retired farmer and truck driver. He was a member and usher of Grace Lutheran Church at Uniontown, Mo., American Legion Post 133 and VFW Post 4282.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Karen Hicks and Nancy Puchbauer of Jackson; two sons, Daniel Roth of Farrar, Mo., Paul Roth of Uniontown; a brother, Raymond Roth of Old Appleton, Mo.; a sister, Mildred Pohlman of Jackson; nine grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday and from 8 to 11:15 a.m. Sunday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo. An American Legion wake will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery, with military rites provided by American Legion Post 133.