- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Health calendar 1/15
Diabetes Support Group meets from 2 to 4:30 p.m. in the St. Francis Education Center. For more information, call 331-5107.
Preparation for childbirth class 2 meets from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the conference room at the Healing Arts Center. For more information, call 331-5107.
We Can Support Group meets at 7 p.m. in the lobby of the Regional Cancer Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, contact chaplain Bill Matzat at 651-5519.
"Ask your doctor" airs at 8 p.m. on cable Channel 5. Dr. Brad Robinson will speak on ADHD. Viewers can call 334-3095 with questions during the show.
Breast-feeding class from 9 to 11 a.m. in the Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, phone 651-5825.
MS Support Group meets at 10 a.m. in the Assisi Conference Room at St. Francis Medical Center. For more information, call Fran Sauer at 331-5368.
Sibling Class meets from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Healing Arts Center. This class is designed for children ages 3 to 9. For more information, call the St. Francis Education Center at 331-5107.
Childbirth preparation class meets from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call 651-5825.
Our new baby class meets from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Generations Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The class is for children ages 2 to 4. For information, call 651-5825. Pre-registration is required.
GriefShare seminar meets at 7 p.m. in room 202 at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Jackson. The topic is "your family and your grief." For information, phone 243-2236.
Fibromyalgia Support Group meets from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at St. Francis' Center for Health and Rehabilitation. For more information, call Marilyn Duncan at 331-5880.
Stress management series program at 6:30 p.m. Topic is thinking. The program will be presented by Debbie Leoni, manager of Main Street Fitness in Jackson in the Generations Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
UpcomingClasses on healing touch, a technique that uses the hands to clear energy fields affecting the body, will be offered by Paula Bridges beginning Jan. 17 and 31 in New Madrid. For more information, contact Bridges at (573) 238-4612.
A six-week session of Pilates, gentle mat-based exercises that use yoga and strength to tone the body, will begin Jan. 20 and 21 at Main Street Fitness Center. Classes will be offered from 5:15 to 6 p.m. on Jan. 20 and each Tuesday thereafter. A second session is offered from 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. beginning Jan. 21. For information, call the center at 243-2211.
-- From staff reports