- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PIEDMONT, Mo. -- Charles "Pete" Barfield, 79, of Piedmont died Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007, at his home.
He was born May 10, 1928, at Piedmont. He and Judy Green were married Feb. 18, 1950, in Piggott, Ark.
Barfield was a park ranger at Clearwater Lake 32 years, retiring in 1987. He was a charter member of Wayne Saddle Club.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Rodney and Jerry Barfield of Piedmont; two daughters, Brenda McQuay of Cape Girardeau, Linda Barfield of Piedmont; a brother, Larry Barfield; three sisters, Nellie Percy, Pauline "Debbie" Reed and Mary Barfield, all of Piedmont; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morrison-Worley Funeral Chapel in Piedmont.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Ruble officiating. Burial will be in Meador-Flatwoods Cemetery.