- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MORLEY, Mo. -- Carl David "Porky" Hopkins, 77, of Morley died Thursday, Nov. 1, 2007, at Sikeston Convalescent Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born May 23, 1930, at Avert, Mo., son of Carl and Luella Curd Hopkins. He and Shirley Sanders were married Dec. 30, 1950.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, LaVern Griffin and Brenda Chasteen of Sikeston, Teresa Tanner of Morley; a sister, Bernice Thompson of St. Louis; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery.