- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Region briefs 11/1/07
Phi Kappa Phi will hold Story-Thon
The Southeast Missouri State University chapter of the Phi Kappa Phi honor society will present a "Born to Read Story-Thon" for children from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Rose Theatre lobby. All ages are welcome, but stories being read are primarily geared toward audiences age 5 to 8. More than 85 story-readers will read their favorite children's stories. At 2 p.m. Jim Riley will read from his new book "The Saving of DogTown." Admission is free. For more information, contact Dr. Roseanna Whitlow at 986-6861 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Man jumps from closet, attacks woman
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis woman was attacked and sexually assaulted after a man jumped out of her closet. Police are searching for the attacker after the incident Tuesday night. The man also stole the victim's Hyundai Elantra. Police say the 33-year-old victim had just put her child to bed when she went to her bedroom. A man jumped out of the closet, struck the woman several times with a blunt object, then hit her with what appeared to be a plastic hand gun before sodomizing her, authorities said.
-- From staff and wire reports