- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Region briefs 11/1/07
Phi Kappa Phi will hold Story-Thon
The Southeast Missouri State University chapter of the Phi Kappa Phi honor society will present a "Born to Read Story-Thon" for children from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the Rose Theatre lobby. All ages are welcome, but stories being read are primarily geared toward audiences age 5 to 8. More than 85 story-readers will read their favorite children's stories. At 2 p.m. Jim Riley will read from his new book "The Saving of DogTown." Admission is free. For more information, contact Dr. Roseanna Whitlow at 986-6861 or email@example.com.
Man jumps from closet, attacks woman
ST. LOUIS -- A St. Louis woman was attacked and sexually assaulted after a man jumped out of her closet. Police are searching for the attacker after the incident Tuesday night. The man also stole the victim's Hyundai Elantra. Police say the 33-year-old victim had just put her child to bed when she went to her bedroom. A man jumped out of the closet, struck the woman several times with a blunt object, then hit her with what appeared to be a plastic hand gun before sodomizing her, authorities said.
-- From staff and wire reports