- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ford has often helped museum
To the editor:Congratulations to Jerry Ford upon receiving the Jeff Maguire Award at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri annual membership meeting.
The Cape River Heritage Museum board of directors is well aware of Jerry's accomplishments. We are more aware of the many times he and one of his groups have donated their talent and time for our fundraisers through the past 25 years. His wife, Margaret, a museum board member, is also to be commended for her contributions to the museum.
Jerry's generosity and talent to the community are greatly appreciated by many. Thank you, Jerry Ford.
MARJORIE H. THOMPSON, President/Director, Cape River Heritage Museum, Cape Girardeau