- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Ford has often helped museum
To the editor:Congratulations to Jerry Ford upon receiving the Jeff Maguire Award at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri annual membership meeting.
The Cape River Heritage Museum board of directors is well aware of Jerry's accomplishments. We are more aware of the many times he and one of his groups have donated their talent and time for our fundraisers through the past 25 years. His wife, Margaret, a museum board member, is also to be commended for her contributions to the museum.
Jerry's generosity and talent to the community are greatly appreciated by many. Thank you, Jerry Ford.
MARJORIE H. THOMPSON, President/Director, Cape River Heritage Museum, Cape Girardeau