- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Health calendar 10/30/07
Flu shot clinic: 8:30 to 11 a.m. at the Scott City Nutrition Center. The Scott County Health Center will administer shots for $15 unless covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
Drive-through flu shots: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Jackson Fire Station. The Cape Girardeau Health Center will administer shots for $20 and pneumonia immunizations for $30, unless covered by Medicare or Medicaid. For more information, call 335-7846.
Flu shots: 8:30 to 11 a.m. at the Heritage House. Shots are $15 unless covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
Drive-through flu shots: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cape Girardeau Fire Station No. 1. The Cape Girardeau Health Center will administer shots for $20 and pneumonia immunizations for $30 unless covered by Medicare or Medicaid. For more information, call 335-7846.
Childbirth preparation class: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call Generations at 651-5825 or register online at www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
Breast-feeding support group: 10 to 11 a.m. in Saint Francis Family BirthPlace. Get answers to frequently asked questions, share tips on successful breast-feeding techniques and gain confidence skills.
Hepatitis C screening: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Elks lodge in Perryville, Mo. Testing is confidential and free. Must be 18 or older. For more information, contact OptionCare of Cape Girardeau at 900-879-1204 or the Spears Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brain injury resource group: 6:30 to 8 p.m. at HealthPoint. This support group is for people who have experienced brain injury and for their families. For more information, call the Generations Center at 651-5825.
Flu shots: 6 to 10 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. at HealthPoint Fitness in Jackson. Shots are $20 for HealthPoint members, $25 for nonmembers.
"HPV": 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Discussion on Human Papillomavirus, known as HPV. To register, call the Generations Center at 651-5825 or go online to www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
Bosom Buddies: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Southeast Missouri Hospital's HealthPoint Plaza in Cape Girardeau. For any woman who is dealing with or has had breast cancer. For more information, call the Generations Center at 651-5825.
Breast-feeding class: 3 to 5 p.m. in Southeast's Generations Family Resource Center. Call Generations at 651-5825 or register online at www.southeastmissourihospital.com.