- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Chamber sponsoring career day at junior high
The Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a Career Day on Thursday at Central Junior High School. More than 400 eighth-graders are expected to attend. The career day is intended to provide students with information about career and business choices.
Area businesses will set up booths in three sessions between 8:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.
FedEx holding grand opening today
The FedEx Kinko's Office and Print Center, 188 Vantage Drive, will hold a ribbon-cutting and grand opening at 9 a.m. today. The store is part of the company's expansion plan to open 320 new locations worldwide by June 2008.
Manufacturing meeting set for Nov. 14 and 15
The Associated Industries of Missouri 2007 Manufacturing Conference will be held Nov. 14 and 15 in Columbia, Mo., and will feature sessions led by five state department directors. Omar Davis, new director of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, will be the opening speaker. Other state agency leaders slated to attend include Doyle Childers, director of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources; Gregg Steinhoff, director of the Department of Economic Development; Pete Rahn, director of the Missouri Department of Transportation; and Trish Vincent, director of the Department of Revenue. For more information, go to www.aimo.com.
-- From staff reports