- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
O.S. "Sam" Jones, 92, of Williamson County, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Saturday, Oct. 27, 2007, at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Mount Vernon, Ill.
He was born Sept. 7, 1915, in Jonesboro, Ill., son of Frank and Ollie V. Powell Jones. He married Jean W. Jones in 1949.
Jones was of the Methodist faith. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. Jones spent many years in the restaurant business and was a retired insurance agent.
He is survived by his wife and two sons, Dan Jones of Williamson County and Michael Jones of Anna.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and four infant brothers.
Graveside funeral will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Jonesboro Cemetery, with the Rev. Doug Atkins officiating.