- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Violet J. Kassel, 86, died Saturday, Oct. 27, 2007, in Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
She was born April 4, 1921, daughter of Henry J. and Engel M Versemann Miesner. She married Leonard J. Kassel Sept. 29, 1946.
Kassel was a member of Salem Lutheran Church at Farrar, Mo., Ladies Aid and LWML. She was also a 4H Club leader.
She is survived by her husband; a son, Curtis Kassel of Frohna; two daughters, Connie Rossow of Lakefield, Minn., and Eileen Miesner of Frohna; 11 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and two grandsons.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 8:10 p.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville.
Service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.