- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 10/29/07
Licensed agent joins ERA Cape Realty
ERA Cape Realty announced that Jo Priest, a licensed real estate agent, has joined its team. Priest, a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University, is a former middle school special education teacher and retail manager.
Associate provost named executive of year
Dr. Randall Shaw was named 2007 Executive of the Year by the Girardot Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals. The awards banquet took place Oct. 16. Shaw is associate provost of the School of Extended Learning, dean of the School of Polytechnic Studies and executive director of the Southeast Missouri Educational Consortium at Southeast Missouri State University.
State bankers group names president-elect
David Crader, CEO of Bank of Missouri, was named president-elect of the Missouri Independent Bankers Association at its September annual convention at the Lake of the Ozarks. Crader, 60, has been with Bank of Missouri since 1996.
Allied Waste hires sales representative
Kevin Ammon has joined Allied Waste as a sales and retention representative, bringing 20 years of sales, marketing and business development experience to the firm. Ammon will cover the Cape Girardeau and Jackson market.
Bank names branch operations officer
The Bank of Missouri named Christy Bock branch operations officer for the bank's newest location at 2492 E. Main St. in Jackson. Bock has 20 years of banking experience, beginning with the Bank of Missouri in 1978 before moving to Dallas. After returning to Missouri, Bock worked for Boatmen's Bank in Jackson before returning to the Bank of Missouri in 1997. The new East Main Street branch opened last week.
Beauty salon opens on Highway 177
Stylist Kathleen Ligons has opened a new beauty salon at the Lil' Country Store, 17752 Highway 177. The Lil' Country Hair Salon will be open Tuesday through Saturday, with Monday appointments available.
-- From staff reports