- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Rita H. Richardet, 76, died Saturday, Oct. 27, 2007, at her home in Perryville.
She was born June 2, 1931, at Old Appleton, Mo., daughter of Andrew G. and Philomena T. Ponder Winschel. She married Hubert V. Richardet Sept. 9, 1950. He died Oct. 17, 1997.
She was a secretary at the Miraculous Medal Office in Perryville. She also worked at Perry Co. Memorial Hospital as a home health aide, and Perry County Nursing Home as a nurses' assistant. She continued in home health care until her retirement in 2003.
She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and sang in the choir. She was a member of Ladies of Charity, Perpetual Adoration Adorer and a member of the Association for Retarded Children.
Richardet is survived by two daughters, Kathleen Ploeger of Wildwood, Mo., and Brenda BuOnasera of Belleair Beach, Fla.; six sons, William Richardet of High Ridge, Mo., Steven Richardet of Jackson, Dave Richardet, Michael Richardet, Jeff Richardet and Hubert Richardet Jr., all of Perryville; four sisters, Veronica Butler of Melbourne, Fla., Loraine Timmerman of Florida, N.Y., Marie Hayden of Perryville and Shirley Huber of Cape Girardeau; 15 grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Richardet was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Tuesday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish prayer will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral Mass is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery.