- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast women's runners finish third
Both Southeast Missouri State cross country teams recorded upper-division finishes during Saturday's Ohio Valley Conference meet in Hoover, Ala.
Southeast's women placed third and the men were fourth during the 11-team event.
Southeast's women had 98 points to finish behind Eastern Kentucky (41) and host Samford (66).
Junior Juli Koenigstein led the Redhawks with a seventh-place showing to earn first-team all-OVC honors. She completed the 5K race in 18 minutes, 41.89 seconds.
Freshman Brandi Gervais was second-team all-OVC for the Redhawks as she placed 12th (19:07.63).
Also in the top 30 for the Redhawks were freshman Monica Noble (20th, 19:36.64) and sophomore Linnea Woldtvedt from Cape Central (25th, 19:45.74).
Southeast's men had 99 points to finish behind Eastern Kentucky (27), Jacksonville State (70) and Morehead State (77).
The Redhawks had two second-team all-OVC runners in junior Brandon Karcher and freshman Brandon Funderburk, who were ninth and 10th. They completed the 8K race in 25:48.93 and 25:54.32.
Also in the top 30 for Southeast were sophomore Dustin Davis (18th, 26:13.47) and freshman Jason Lumpkin (30th, 26:47.62).
Volleyball suffers loss
The Southeast volleyball team had its eight-match winning streak snapped Saturday.
Host Morehead State beat the Redhawks 30-23, 28-30, 30-23, 30-27 for its second win over Southeast this season.
Southeast fell to 16-11 overall and 11-5 in OVC play. Morehead is 18-8 and 12-3.
Karleigh DeLong led the Redhawks with 16 kills and added 15 digs.
Also getting double-doubles for Southeast were Aubrey Dondlinger (12 kills, 12 digs) and Sarah Barth (45 assists, 11 digs).
Molly Davis paced the Redhawks in digs with 28.
Southeast hosts Jacksonville State on Friday night.
-- From staff reports