- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Michael Camp II
Michael David Camp II, 26, of Scott City, formerly of Poplar Bluff, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 26, 2007, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center in Poplar Bluff.
He was born Sept. 25, 1981, in Poplar Bluff, son of Michael and Josie Morrill Camp.
Camp was a deckhand with Luhr Brothers in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Scott City. He was an avid hunter, enjoyed music, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
He is survived by his parents of Poplar Bluff; two sisters, Amber Camp of Benton, Mo., and Amanda Camp of Scott City; maternal grandmother Myrime Morrill of Scott City; a special aunt, Geneva Camp of Scott City; and a niece, Vanessa Adams.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Charles Morrill; paternal grandparents, Lilbourn and Mamie Camp; and a special uncle, Bob Camp.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at St. Joseph Church. There will a parish prayer service at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at the church, by Rev. Oliver Clavin. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.