- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Opening production is first-rate
To the editor:My wife and I just returned home after attending the inaugural performance, "Big River," in the Bedell Performance Hall at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus. We were pleased with what we experienced, from the often-poignant, sometimes-funny, always-entertaining theatrical production to the delightful and talented cast and production crew to the first-class venue itself. What a wonderful evening.
We are two locals who are pleased with the way in which some of our tax dollars were utilized in bringing this type of quality theater to our town. Kudos to all involved, and keep it coming.
JOHN and DEBBIE JUSITS, Cape Girardeau