- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
Opening production is first-rate
To the editor:My wife and I just returned home after attending the inaugural performance, "Big River," in the Bedell Performance Hall at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus. We were pleased with what we experienced, from the often-poignant, sometimes-funny, always-entertaining theatrical production to the delightful and talented cast and production crew to the first-class venue itself. What a wonderful evening.
We are two locals who are pleased with the way in which some of our tax dollars were utilized in bringing this type of quality theater to our town. Kudos to all involved, and keep it coming.
JOHN and DEBBIE JUSITS, Cape Girardeau