- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
Opening production is first-rate
To the editor:My wife and I just returned home after attending the inaugural performance, "Big River," in the Bedell Performance Hall at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus. We were pleased with what we experienced, from the often-poignant, sometimes-funny, always-entertaining theatrical production to the delightful and talented cast and production crew to the first-class venue itself. What a wonderful evening.
We are two locals who are pleased with the way in which some of our tax dollars were utilized in bringing this type of quality theater to our town. Kudos to all involved, and keep it coming.
JOHN and DEBBIE JUSITS, Cape Girardeau