- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Opening production is first-rate
To the editor:My wife and I just returned home after attending the inaugural performance, "Big River," in the Bedell Performance Hall at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus. We were pleased with what we experienced, from the often-poignant, sometimes-funny, always-entertaining theatrical production to the delightful and talented cast and production crew to the first-class venue itself. What a wonderful evening.
We are two locals who are pleased with the way in which some of our tax dollars were utilized in bringing this type of quality theater to our town. Kudos to all involved, and keep it coming.
JOHN and DEBBIE JUSITS, Cape Girardeau