- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Opening production is first-rate
To the editor:My wife and I just returned home after attending the inaugural performance, "Big River," in the Bedell Performance Hall at Southeast Missouri State University's River Campus. We were pleased with what we experienced, from the often-poignant, sometimes-funny, always-entertaining theatrical production to the delightful and talented cast and production crew to the first-class venue itself. What a wonderful evening.
We are two locals who are pleased with the way in which some of our tax dollars were utilized in bringing this type of quality theater to our town. Kudos to all involved, and keep it coming.
JOHN and DEBBIE JUSITS, Cape Girardeau