- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hester - 40 years
Watson and Velma Hester of Delta celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary with a surprise reception Oct. 6, 2007, at the Community Center in Delta.
The event was hosted by their children.
Hester and Velma Glency were married Oct. 6, 1967, at Arbor General Baptist Church, by the Rev. Charles Mann. Their attendants were Jerry and Glenda Hahn. She is sister of the bride.
The couple has two children, Michael Hester and Stacey (Tony) Birk, all of near Delta. They have six grandchildren, Chelsea, Taylor and Bailey Birk; Christian, Michaela and Jessica Hester.