- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Amnesty is threat to Americans
To the editor:As a concerned citizen I'm asking you to become aware of a threat to the American public and become active in informing your readers about the political activity concerning this threat.
Amnesty for illegal aliens will only hurt already hurting unemployed Americans, and the health threat has reintroduced illnesses that our country had eradicated years ago.
Taxpayers cannot afford to foot the bill for illegal aliens to go to our schools free while we support their mothers and fathers on our welfare system and supply them with free medical care at our hospitals, all paid for with our tax dollars.
Please help keep our public aware of what is going on in our country.
BARB STEELE. Thebes, Ill.