- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Amnesty is threat to Americans
To the editor:As a concerned citizen I'm asking you to become aware of a threat to the American public and become active in informing your readers about the political activity concerning this threat.
Amnesty for illegal aliens will only hurt already hurting unemployed Americans, and the health threat has reintroduced illnesses that our country had eradicated years ago.
Taxpayers cannot afford to foot the bill for illegal aliens to go to our schools free while we support their mothers and fathers on our welfare system and supply them with free medical care at our hospitals, all paid for with our tax dollars.
Please help keep our public aware of what is going on in our country.
BARB STEELE. Thebes, Ill.