- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Amnesty is threat to Americans
To the editor:As a concerned citizen I'm asking you to become aware of a threat to the American public and become active in informing your readers about the political activity concerning this threat.
Amnesty for illegal aliens will only hurt already hurting unemployed Americans, and the health threat has reintroduced illnesses that our country had eradicated years ago.
Taxpayers cannot afford to foot the bill for illegal aliens to go to our schools free while we support their mothers and fathers on our welfare system and supply them with free medical care at our hospitals, all paid for with our tax dollars.
Please help keep our public aware of what is going on in our country.
BARB STEELE. Thebes, Ill.