- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Amnesty is threat to Americans
To the editor:As a concerned citizen I'm asking you to become aware of a threat to the American public and become active in informing your readers about the political activity concerning this threat.
Amnesty for illegal aliens will only hurt already hurting unemployed Americans, and the health threat has reintroduced illnesses that our country had eradicated years ago.
Taxpayers cannot afford to foot the bill for illegal aliens to go to our schools free while we support their mothers and fathers on our welfare system and supply them with free medical care at our hospitals, all paid for with our tax dollars.
Please help keep our public aware of what is going on in our country.
BARB STEELE. Thebes, Ill.