- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Amnesty is threat to Americans
To the editor:As a concerned citizen I'm asking you to become aware of a threat to the American public and become active in informing your readers about the political activity concerning this threat.
Amnesty for illegal aliens will only hurt already hurting unemployed Americans, and the health threat has reintroduced illnesses that our country had eradicated years ago.
Taxpayers cannot afford to foot the bill for illegal aliens to go to our schools free while we support their mothers and fathers on our welfare system and supply them with free medical care at our hospitals, all paid for with our tax dollars.
Please help keep our public aware of what is going on in our country.
BARB STEELE. Thebes, Ill.