- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Kara Allison Thoma and Jason Lee King were united in marriage May 26, 2007, on Poipuo Beach in Kauai, Hawaii.
The bride is the daughter of Carlton and Jean Thoma of Jackson. The groom is the son of Lee and Mary King of Bark River, Mich.
Matron of honor was Allison Sherinski of St. Charles, Mo. Bridesmaids were Sara Doran of Anchorage, Alaska, and Dr. Chrissi Glastetter of St. Louis.
Chris Pouche of Fairbanks, Alaska, was best man. Groomsmen were Kevin McHenry of North Pole, Alaska, brother-in-law of the groom, and Jesse Atchison of Anchorage, Alaska.
Mrs. King is a 1999 graduate of Jackson High School, and received a doctor of pharmacy degree from St. Louis College of Pharmacy in 2005. She is a commissioned lieutenant and a pharmacist with the U.S. Public Health Service, stationed in Anchorage. She is pursuing a master's degree in public health from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
The groom is a 1994 graduate of North Pole High School. He is a commercial construction superintendent with BEK of Alaska in Anchorage.
An outdoor reception was held July 6 at the home of Brent and Lori Wills of Jackson.
The couple resides in Peters Creek, Alaska.