- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- W.M. "Billy Mac" Daugherty, 71, of Chaffee died Friday, Jan. 9, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 4, 1932, in Chaffee, son of Claude and Edith Blackwell Daugherty. He and Anita Cowell were married Aug. 11, 1951.
Daugherty was a clerk 18 years with Frisco Railroad Co. in Chaffee, and was a retired groundman for IBEW Local 702 in West Frankfort, Ill. He was a member of Chaffee Masonic Lodge 615, Elks Lodge 1810, and First Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bob Daugherty of Frohna, Mo., Dan Daugherty of Jackson; a daughter, Susan Schwartz of Morley, Mo.; a brother, Clarence Daugherty of Chaffee; a sister, Mary Alice Eaker of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, and a sister.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Watis Harrell officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.