- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fleeing SUV causes wreck in St. Louis; 1 dead
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- One woman died and another was badly hurt after their sport utility vehicle was struck by an SUV that was fleeing from police.
It happened Thursday night in St. Louis. The victim was identified Friday as Sadie Perkins, 71, of St. Louis. A 47-year-old woman was in critical condition, and a 73-year-old man was also hurt.
Police Chief Joe Mokwa said officers responded around 11:45 p.m. to 911 calls of shots being fired involving a black Mercedes SUV. When officers approached the vehicle, the driver showed a handgun and sped away, reaching speeds of more than 100 mph.
A few moments later, the Mercedes struck the rear of a Ford Explorer, causing it to flip over. Perkins and the two injured people were in the Explorer.
Warrants for second-degree murder were issued against the Mercedes driver, Thomas Williams III, 27, of ST. Louis. He was also charged with unlawful use of a weapon and flourishing and resisting arrest by flight.