- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. George mayor suspected of child porn
ST. GEORGE, Mo. (AP) -- The mayor of the St. Louis suburb of St. George, already accused of possessing marijuana, is now facing an even more serious accusation: suspicion of possessing child pornography.
Sixty-four-year-old Harold Goodman's latest arrest was announced Thursday night at a city hall meeting, drawing gasps from the large crowd.
Details have not been released.
Goodman is a retired police officer who was elected last year. He was jailed and unavailable for comment.
The mayor's legal problems come less than two months after another embarrassing incident for the city. A young man's car seat-mounted videotape captured a St. George officer berating him and threatening to arrest him on made-up charges. The officer has since been fired.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com