- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Viola O. Snider, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 7, 1924, in Kelso, Mo., daughter of Solomon J. and Alma Compas Hahn. She and James R. Snider were married July 3, 1945, in Cape Girardeau. He died Nov. 8, 1997.
Mrs. Snider moved to Cape Girardeau in 1943 from Scott County. She worked at International Shoe Co., was a child care provider in her home 20 years, and was a cook at Notre Dame High School in the 1960s. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Survivors include two sons, Robert J. Snider and Thomas R. Snider of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a son, a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. A graveside committal service will be held at a later date at St. Mary's Cemetery.