- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DEXTER, Mo. -- Darrol Dowdy, 64, of Dexter died Thursday, Jan. 8, 2004, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
He was born Oct. 17, 1939, at Dexter, son of Danzil and Pauline Lawrence Dowdy. He and Elaine Jordan were married on Feb. 15, 1959, at Broseley, Mo.
Dowdy was a member of the Westside Baptist Church in Dexter, where he served as a deacon. He was the co-owner of Christian-Dowdy Lumber Company in Dexter and a board member of the Armstead Dowdy Cemetery Association. Dowdy was also active in the prison ministry at the Southeast Correctional Facility at Charleston, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; his mother; a son, Darius Dowdy of Dexter; a daughter, Lisa Walters of Dexter; two brothers, Larry Dowdy of Cape Girardeau and Dan Dowdy of Dexter; three sisters, Janice Crum of Park Hills, Mo., Roberta Sanders of Columbia, Mo., and Gloria Lynn Dowdy of Kansas City, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
Funeral will be today at 10:30 a.m. at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Chapel in Dexter, with the Rev. Lex Horner officiating. Burial will be in the Armstead Dowdy Cemetery near Dexter.